Accommodation in the area We have a variety of accommodation very close to the venue from camping around the Moonbi are through to 4 star motels in Tamworth (15 minutes drive) Below is a list of some of the closer venues. Please note that this list is not a recommendation, you will need to contact the venues to find out further information.
Click here to view accommodation
Women Under a Blue Moon Weekend – The Self Discovery Through Horses, ACT and Art program is a weekend workshop (2 days) that will equip you with skills and knowledge to help you create a richer, fuller, more meaningful life.
Connect to Your Values and Create Wellbeing.
- Struggling with uncomfortable thoughts and feelings?
- Drifting through life?
- Stuck in a rut?
- Needing support and guidance?
Using Equine Assisted Psychotherapy & Learning, ACT and Creative Arts, we will help you celebrate and embrace your authentic self and start on your journey towards a rich full and meaningful life.
At the completion of the program you will be better able to:
- Manage uncomfortable thoughts and feelings so they have less impact and influence over you,
- Identify your values and change your behaviours to take you in the direction you want to go
- Be more aware of your actions and responses
- Achieve balance and resilience
- Improve communication and relationships
- Experience more joy, less stress, and a greater sense of wellbeing.
.You can be true to yourself and create a life that you love!
Skills are introduced and developed by incorporating effective strategies, activities and techniques from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning, and Art Therapy. This is an experiential program – you will learn by doing and experiencing.
- There is no horse riding. All activities with the horses are on the ground. No horse handling skills required
- No art or creative skills required
A support group for women of all ages in a private rural setting just 15mins from Tamworth.
Photography: Louise Campbell and Meegan McSpedden